ED Lan-Netz

[Gerneral] Allgemeine Fragen zu Empire Deluxe
Antworten
Jeremy

ED Lan-Netz

Beitrag von Jeremy »

Hello,

I do not speak any German, but I see that you seem to have the best / most active ED board I've been able to find.

I am having trouble with ED over a LAN network, and can not make it work. I have installed NETBIOS (IPX / with NETBEUI in autoexec) and the network functions 100% (other than Empire). The computers hang while the "waiting for remote" and "waiting for master" screens are displayed.

Does anybody have any tips for me? Thank You!

(Following is a predictably bad Google translation of what is stated above)

Hallo, spreche ich nicht irgendwie Deutsches, aber ich sehe, daß Sie scheinen, das beste/meiste aktive ED-Brett zu haben, das ich in der Lage ge$$$wesen bin zu finden. Ich habe Mühe mit ED über einem LAN-Netz und kann nicht es Arbeit bilden. Ich habe NETBIOS (IPX/mit NETBEUI im autoexec) und die Netzfunktionen 100% angebracht (anders als Reich). Die Computer hängen, während die "Wartedirektübertragung" und "die Wartevorlagen" Schirme angezeigt werden. Hat jemand irgendwelche Spitzen für mich? Danke!

Jeremy
Max72
Beitrag von Max72 »

Hi Jeremy!
Just having looked in the Empire Deluxe Strategy Guide, page 168, it seems that ED was designed to run on "...any network that provides (or emulates) a NetBIOS network communication standard. This includes the LANtastic, plus the Novell and Novell Lite networks (using its provided NetBIOS driver)..."

If I remember right you have to set it to Standard Protocol. In my case it's working. I've played ED very rarely on network. The games against the most of my live multiplayer was done on machines via multiple COM ports (or ComT) and serial cables.

Greetings,
Max

Btw: The german translation was very funny. But think, only reading the german part, nobody understand the problem... :D
Jeremy

Beitrag von Jeremy »

Thank you very much for the tip! I'll give this a try. :)

I'm glad I could provide some comic relief.

Regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy

Beitrag von Jeremy »

Hello yet again!

I'm still having some trouble with the network setup, I have ensured that I'm running netbios/netbeui as the "standard/default" protocol. Does anyone have any additional information for network setup? All help is most appreciated!

Thanks again,
Jeremy
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Jeremy hat geschrieben:Hello yet again!

I'm still having some trouble with the network setup, I have ensured that I'm running netbios/netbeui as the "standard/default" protocol. Does anyone have any additional information for network setup? All help is most appreciated!

Thanks again,
Jeremy
Hello Jeremy,

many years ago i played ED sucsessfull in a novell network area. I tried it under windows network without sucsess.
Antworten